Development Trusts NI has a flexible and varied model to assisting community organisations explore the development trust approach and supporting emerging development trusts become established. This includes:
- Giving talks and presentations to community meetings, steering groups, etc about the development trust approach, the benefits they can bring and how to go about setting one up.
- Informing and inspiring communities by sharing case studies and experiences from other communities across Northern Ireland.
- Providing information on the key steps and issues involved in starting a development trust.
- Advising on choosing an appropriate organisational structures and assistance with establishing a company structure
- Giving advice on how to motivate, consult and involve the local community
- Signposting to funding information.
- Facilitating links and resourcing exchange visits between development trusts
- providing access to training events and 'Seeing is Believing' (SIB) trips.