For this year’s DTNI conference we take stock of the work we have done over the last few years in lobbying for a new economic model – community wealth building.
We assess what the next steps are for central and local government and for community anchor organisations here in the north of Ireland – how do we make meaningful advances towards embedding the community wealth building agenda in NI?
And we look to Great Britain and the U.S. and examine how CWB has progressed there and what we in NI can learn from places like Cleveland, Preston, and north Ayrshire.
Features contributions from:
- Deirdre Hargey – Minister for Communities, Northern Ireland Executive
- Ted Howard – CEO The Democracy Collaborative
- Sarah Longlands – CEO Centre for Local Economic Strategies
- Aine Gawthorpe – Director Foundation Economy, Welsh Government
- Prof. Brendan Murtagh – School of Natural & Built Environment, Queen’s University Belfast